Sunday, May 24, 2020

The Stack


This is something I'm sure most “creative” sorts are familiar with.

It's the stack of half-finished projects I've got around my apartment. I've got a pile for my writing projects and a pile for my half-assed attempts at drawing. I've got a folder system I try to use for it all, and pretty much everything in them is in some state of progress just shy of completion. I'm sure I'm not the only person who does what I do online who has this particular issue. Part of the reason I'm like this is that I have a day job that pays the bills and about a million other things to do with my off time, as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, either.

What got me to thinking about this is that I saw something on Twitter the other day about how writers like me tend to have loads of notebooks around ready to go when we've got things to jot down.

I know very well how that is. I've got notebooks, scraps of paper, and the like, all over the place. I'm trying to make better use of it than I have been lately. Unfortunately, I've been busy with other stuff offline and haven't had as much time or energy for it lately. Hopefully, that'll change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment