Saturday, October 24, 2020

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #063: Mini World Tour: Madain Sari, Part Two

 I might just have to share that video I mentioned last time I got an issue of FF9 up.


It could just be that I'm doing something wrong still, and I want to get that sorted before I just give up on the Lani thing in Madain Sari. I had thought the condition to get the extra dialog was just not having Dagger or Amarant in the party the second time we went in, but that may apply to Eiko, too. Either way, Lani keeps buggering off on me, no matter what I try. I'll look it up again once I get this posted since there are a few other things I want to look up on Caves of Narshe anyway.


The things I came across that I want to look up could just be flavor text, but since I'm looking for reasons to grind, they may be worth looking into anyway. One is in Lindblum. Zidane's old theater buddy Cinna says he's bushed from trying to rebuild the Tantalus hideout and wants some South Gate Bundt Cake. I figured I'd look into that in-game, since I was in the area anyway. I'd forgotten that we really can't go very far in the South Gate area. We can still make use of the healing spring, but that's about it. Since we can't actually get into South Gate, I figured I'd see if I could get Cinna's cake in Dali instead.


It looks like I can't get the cake there, but there's a door that needs something called the Mayor's Key to open. I get the sense that there's a way to get that particular item, but the only thing I can think to try is getting into the Mayor's office. That doesn't work because he tends to throw us right back out. I'm sure there's a way to get it, so it's worth looking up.


Otherwise, I'm gonna have to start making use of the Synth Shops in the game because it looks like I've pretty much got everybody most, if not all, of the abilities I can with the equipment I've got. The good news is that I've got some free time to work with, and I might just take advantage, as the IRL weather looks like it's gotta be less than optimal for that kind of thing for some of that. Hopefully, I'll also be able to make a longer post out of one of these because something actually happened, for a change.


Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment