Saturday, October 17, 2020

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy II (Famicom 1988/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #026: Later Than Planned

I had intended to get back to this at a more reasonable time, but between IRL stuff and letting myself get distracted with some other things I want to get done here, I didn't quite make that happen.


Turns out I was farther along with the Tropical Island cave than I had thought last time I tried to get through. I think I got most of the stuff out of there, but I might still go back later if I think I need to grind for gold or stats or something. I had thought I had more than one floor left when I went it, but there are only five floors and I'd mostly done four of them. To get to the main part of the fifth, just find the chest with 1000 gold in it in the upper right part of the main area of the fourth.


There's a room with a door we're looking for down there. That's where the Black Mask is. It's guarded by a monster called a Gigan Rhino. I had thought this was going to be a harder fight than it actually was. It only took me a couple rounds of having Gus and Leila wailing on it while having Maria use her magic. I wanna say I used Fire, but because of a few delays before writing, I forget which.


Behind the monster is the box with the mask in it. Behind that is a warp tile that takes the party back to the map. Along the way, I decided to see if there was an easier way to get between Mysidia and the cave. There's a gulf to the southwest of town that's a somewhat quicker route, but at this point, it's just a bit of trivia. I went back around to the north coast before going back to Mysida, because now that I have both masks, and the white one placed, it's up to the tower on the island to the north.


We'll get to that next time, though. I'll need to see if the mages in town have any more information for us before we go. I could also have sworn that this was the cave where there were beavers that Gus could talk to, but that could be the Ice Cave from way earlier, too. But, like I said, that's for next time. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment