Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Picture Post: Painted Rocks

Here's another quick one of these from when I was out west last month.


In this case, there were a couple painted rocks I'd happened across while I was out there. One was in better shape than the other, in part because of location, but also because one was likely older than the other.


The first one was at Lake Sheridan, I believe, which means it was outside, exposed to the elements. It looked like it had been there for awhile. It could have been there the couple summers I worked out there when I was in college, but that's going on 25 years ago now, and I'm not sure it would have held up as well as it has in the picture below.



The other one was at the house we were staying in. It looked a little newer, and had probably been a little better protected. We found it outside by the ramp that led to the parking area, and that's where we left it.



Not sure what kind of creature that's supposed to be on it, but it was still a fun little thing to see.


This is just a quick little thing to get some new material up here. I've got a couple longer posts like this I want to get up, as well, and I'm still hoping to have them up before too terribly long. See you soon, if not with one of those, then with something.


No comments:

Post a Comment