Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Early Thoughts On: Spiritfarer for Nintendo Switch Pt. 2

It's been awhile since I've talked about this game, so I suppose it's time for an update.


I've put in about 20 hours of play time on this game since the previous part, and a lot has happened. So far, I've only seen one of the NPCs on their way. It was kind of sad watching them go, but that was kind of the point. It's an interesting aspect of the game, and I kind of like it in it's own way.


There are a few things I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out, of course. Probably the big one is how and/or where I'm supposed to find some of the materials I need to advance things. The good news is that I've finally managed to get the ship built completely out, so I'm hoping that'll get me into some new areas where some of this stuff might be. I'm also finding some new stuff I'll probably need.


I suppose I'll find out some of this stuff from the other characters I've got on the boat right now, too. Keeping their mood up can be tricky, but it leads to more information and items. I'm hoping that gets me somewhere, and that we'll find out soon. It'll be interesting to see how much longer it takes to get some of the tools I need to continue on.


I do like the writing. It's been nicely done so far. Some of the characters are less likeable than others, which is another thing that's probably the point. I'm glad it's going like it is.


Part of the reason I haven't gotten much farther than I have is because I've been busy with IRL stuff and haven't had much time or energy for it in awhile. Not sure when that's going to change.


But yeah, that's where I am with Spiritfarer right now. It's been fun so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment