Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Final Fantasy This Moring: July 13, 2022

Slow progress is better than no progress, I suppose.


I’m still intending to finish off Final Fantasy 9. I’m just having a hell of a time making it happen. I’ve meant to do something with it in the month and a half since my last entry in the playthrough. My already terrible time management skills have been more off than usual the last couple months thanks to altering my eating habits and the adjustments that come with such things. The good news is that I think it’s helping, at least to some extent.


My clothes do fit a bit better, and the last time I was on a scale, I was down three or four pounds, which is a good thing. I’m hoping for more in the near future. The plan, as of this writing, is to get this posted, get a few hours’ sleep, then hop on the scale again and see if things are still going the way I’m hoping.


Even if they’re not, I’m starting to feel enough better that I might be able to start wrangling my time a little better so that I can get back to work on things like this on a little more regular basis again. If nothing else, I’d like to finish FF9 after all these years. I just need to set enough time to make a few attempts at getting past Garland, because I suspect that I’m going to get my ass beat a few times before I pull it off.


I’d also like to get a little farther in a game called Spiritfarer, too. It’s been an interesting game so far, and I’m enjoying it. Thing is, in order to advance the plot, I need to figure out how to do fried chicken for one of the guys on the boat the main character’s in charge of, and I’ve been having a bit of trouble with that, as well.


Plus, I’ve got a few YouTube videos in mind as well. There are the JM Tries videos that I’ve always got in the works, of course, but there’s at least one Odds and Ends video as well. I say that looking at the AP style manual and copy of the St. Martin’s Handbook I got when I was working on my bachelors’ degree 25 years ago now. It’s all out of date, but I’m sure some of it still applies in the Internet age.


So that’s kind of where I am for the moment. Still kind of hoping to make something of all this, not sure if I actually can or will. Hoping for the best, as always.


Anyway, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment