Thursday, January 4, 2024

Start Of 2024

It's not the best title ever, but it will serve its intended purpose.


So here we are, at the beginning of 2024. It seems more than a little weird that we're already so close to a quarter of the way through the 21st century. When I stop to think about it, it seems even weirder that I'm more than likely going to be here to see it. To be honest, I'm not sure why I think I wouldn't be. There's no reason I should think otherwise. It just seems weird, is all.


With that out of the way, it's time to get on with the point of this post. First, a look back at the end of last year. As I'm sure you've noticed, I made quite a lot of references to being unwell the last month and a half or so of the year. I'm still not quite over it, but the good news is that I'm mostly over it now. Or at least enough over it to start getting back at this more regularly than I have been lately.


Since I am finally able to do that again, what do I have in mind for the year ahead? Well, the big one is to finally finish the Text Play of Final Fantasy 9, since I've had that going on for most of the life of the blog. I'm fairly close to that, as I understand. I've been hoping to actually get it done for quite some time now, and this may be the year.


As for what I'll play after that, I'm not entirely sure. I'll figure that out as I go, the way I've been doing it this whole time. All I can say for sure is that I'll have to see what I've got for functioning equipment. I've got several options I've been meaning to get to, and which ones I actually do depends on what actually works.


While I don't know exactly what I'll be playing for the blog, I do know there are a few games I'll be doing just for fun, on my own. Spiritfarer, Super Mario RPG and Octopath Traveler are all on that list because my sister-in-law got me all three of those for Christmas over the years, and I really ought to play them, or in the case of Spiritfarer, play it a little more, just so I can say that I have. There are also a few others, as well.


I also have some ideas not related to video games as well. The one I had in my initial writing session for this post was to finish off going through my dad's old fishing tackle boxes to see what I want to keep and what can be donated to various outdoor-related charities.


I've still got a fairly substantial backlog of JM Tries videos to make as well. That's been the case for awhile, and being sick for a month and a half didn't help that any. I have a couple thumbnails set up, and I'm pretty sure of which one I'll do first.


I also have a Coffee Time video I want to do to start the year off as well. That might still be a ways off because of other things I've got going on right now. I'll try to have it up soon, though.


There's also art in the pipeline, too. It's the same as what you've seen from me in the past, so it's kind of a low priority item as far as all this stuff goes.


Beyond that, we'll see. When I started this blog at the end of 2010, the point was that it would be mostly for whatever ideas I had that I thought might be interesting to write about. Unfortunately, I haven't had many of those in a long while, which is kind of concerning. Hopefully, that will change this year.


I'll probably reassess at some point as the year goes on, because it's usually a good idea to do that. At least that's what I've heard.


Anyway, have a good year, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment