Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Text Play: EarthBound Beginnings [Mother (Famicom, 1989)/Switch (2022?)] : Issue #006: End-Of-Run Wrap Up

This is a great game, from what I've played of it so far. I'm just not going to be able to finish it properly here.


I'd really like to at some point, of course, and maybe I'll come back and do one of these for it, should I finally get myself and my time management wrangled in such a way that I can do it correctly. For now, though, that's just not going to happen, I'm afraid


What I've managed to play of this game really reminds me of other late 80s and early 90s 8-bit games I played back then. I'm sure it's a great game if I can give it the attention it deserves. Sadly, I can't right now, especially if I'm going to try doing these little reports about it as well.


As I've noted in my last couple posts, I'll probably still play it just for the sake of playing it. If I was doing a better job of holding the plot than I am, I'd keep at these little journals for it, but I think I should probably finish it without first so I at leas have some idea of what's going on and what I'm doing.


That's why I'm having better luck with FF9. It's like pretty much every other Final Fantasy game I've played, so I have some idea of what I'm doing and where I need to go. Plus, this was hardly my first time through the game, either.


Going forward, I think if I'm going to keep doing these things, I need to take a page from HCBailly's playbook and do at least one test run of the games I want to do here if I'm going to do ones I haven't played a million times before. Which would be just about any RPG outside the Final Fantasy series.


Anyway, Earthbound Beginnings looks like a good game, but I'm going to have to finish it on my own before trying to do one of these about it. There's a couple other games I'd like to do here as well that I should probably get on with even if I never get to covering them here.


I know that's not much to say about the game, but given how little of it I've actually played so far, there's really not much more I can say about it. Since I'm not going to be able to finish it properly at the moment, I'm going to just wrap it up for now.


From here, my plan is to do a general non-gaming “first post of the year” thing so I can talk about what some of my plans for the year are. That might take a bit, though, since I need to collect my thoughts on the matter first. There might be some Final Fantasy 9 beforehand, as well.


Regardless of whatever's next, I'll see you all soon. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment