Wednesday, December 19, 2012

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy (NES 1990/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #20: Adamantite

This is just going to be a quick in-and-out sort of thing.

I'm not even really sure I need the Excalibur to beat the game. It's just one of those things that's nice to have, I guess.

Getting this done won't even take a terribly long time because a lot of the monsters are just going to run away in random encounters and I've already got most of the other treasure. Essentially, I'm just wasting time going after something I may not even need to beat the game, but worth it, at least in the case of my main party.

The Adamatite is on the second floor of the Sky Castle, in the room to the lower left. The random battles here were more a nuisance than anything because at this point, all my party members are at level 39. By the time I actually get to the final boss, everybody will be well into their 40s, level-wise, so I'm starting to think the trouble I've been having with a few of the black magic spells might not be much of a problem there, after all. All the same, though, I'm going to have a go at finishing the game with an all-monk party, too, just as an experiment.

Anyway, once I've got the ore from the Sky Castle, it's back to Mt. Duregar to have the Dwarves forge it into Excalibur for me. Like I said above, I'm not entirely sure how much I really need it to finish the game, but what the hell, right? It's there, so I might as well have it.

Part of my experiment with the monk party is to go in without it just to see what happens. There's also that thing I may have mentioned reading about where the monk party might be able to kick Chaos's ass without weapons in like a round and a half, so that should be interesting.

But, I'm at a point now where I can pretty much finish this one off, at least. My plan in this case is to at least try it twice: once with my default party and once with the gang of monks. Between the two, I'm sure I'll be able to say I've finally beaten this thing fair and square after all these years.

So, I'll see you very soon, I hope, when Final Fantasy Origins takes us Back To The Future! Until then, have fun, keep gaming, DFTBA, and most importantly this time of year, STAY SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment