Monday, May 13, 2013

Almost Like A Meme…



First World Problems, in this case.

Or at least, that’s how I’d classify computer problems.  Not exactly the worst problem ever, in my case, because I do have the laptop I wrote this on as a backup.  It works well enough to meet my needs, if only just.  There are people in the world who would think that this thing is the greatest thing ever, I know.

And I could remedy all this very simply.  I could be more careful than I am about what I do with my main PC so that it doesn’t get all full of dust and almost overheat, for example, or be a little smarter about where I go on the web so I don’t get viruses and shit.  I could do a better job of saving my money up and/or increasing my income so a laptop that isn’t obsolete is a little more affordable.

So, basically, all this is on me, and I know it.  I just need to get my head around how I’m going to make it all happen.

Part of the solution is being able to admit that, in the grand scheme of things, there are worse problems.  I could be in a position to find my laptop to be a good deal more adequate than I do.  I could be in a position to find any laptop workable, no matter how obsolete and slow it might be.

I’ve been in car wrecks that maybe I wouldn’t have lived through in other situations and come through to talk about them.  I’ve had health issues that might have been the end of others without access to even the same healthcare I’ve got.

In short, yes, there are worse problems than having a computer that doesn’t work the way it should or that I might want it to.  So yes, while this is frustrating, there are worse problems that I’m glad I don’t have.  And I need to get on solving the ones I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment