Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getting Back To This

For as long as I've been at this blogging thing, it would be foolish of me to stop now.

It seems I've been having a bit of trouble coming up with things to write about of late, though. Kind of sad, really. Poorly timed, too, because I've been trying to get a Patreon thing going, and I'd feel more than a little bad about promoting it if I didn't have anything there to show potential supporters.

Maybe now that there's been a slight adjustment in my work schedule at my day job, things can change for the better. It's up to me to make that happen, of course. The bright spot in that is that I do have a few things in progress that I need to just get on with finishing. There's the bit of metafiction, for lack of a better, less nonsensical term, that I've been working on for a little more than two years. I've been pretty close to done on that for a while now, but I just need to get on with actually finishing it.

When I finally do, I'm also planning on at least trying to revive the old self-insert Mystery Science Theater fan series I used to write ten or twelve years ago. Things are different now, naturally, but worth a shot anyway. I've even got a test “episode” started. I may post it first, depending on which one I finish first.

Beyond that is the Observation Time video series. It's been awhile since I've done one of those, but I haven't been paying close enough attention to the news as I should, and therefore haven't been able to come up with proper topics. That's my own fault.

And then there's the Text Plays. Even those haven't been progressing as quickly as I'd like. It's not for lack of time, by any means. I just haven't been feeling ambitious enough to play video games lately. I know that sounds weird, but it's still kind of true. I still intend to finish what I started with both games I've got going right now. How long it will take, I'm not entirely sure. But I still intend for it to happen.

So that's where I am right now. Things may not look especially bright at the moment, but hopefully, they'll start looking better soon. Until then, I'd better get back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment