Monday, August 11, 2014

Then Again...

I've done some thinking and I've reconsidered the end of my previous post.

Truth is, I'm not really sure which is the right way for this. As I said in that last post, I tend to get a bit “linky” when I do my Text Plays, some times more than others, and some times, I don't put in any links at all. Regardless, Patreon strips the links out of documents like this one, which is not often a problem. When I'm just writing what's on my mind, like I am now, I hardly ever need to do links.

The Text Plays, however, tend to be a bit different. There are quite a few times when I'll make a joke that works better if the links are there. This is not to say that these jokes would fail completely, of course. It's just that in a lot of cases, they make more sense.

With that in mind, I do feel as though I'd be cheating the people who might choose to support me on Patreon. Asking them to pay for early access to something that's not entirely complete when the full version will show up for free on my blog within the next day or two just doesn't seem right, but at the same time, my Text Play series is all I've got that I'd really consider paying for in this regard right now.

As it stands, I think I'll consider my options for a while and then more than likely start posting the new TP issues when I get to the start of the second disk of Final Fantasy 8, which shouldn't be too long now. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment