Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Final Fantasy Tonight: February 4, 2015

Man, the original version of Final Fantasy IV must have been hard.

It's all as I remember it, of course, but the difficulty is way up. That's not exactly a bad thing, mind you, just not something I would say I've been for or expecting when I play, but that's more my problem. I really enjoy trying to figure this stuff out as I go.

In fact, this is almost like the first time or two I played the game, all the way back in 1991 or 1992, and I didn't know a thing about the game or know what to expect. A lot has changed in the almost twenty-five years since then, and while I know a lot more about the game on this first play-through of the Chronicles version, I gotta say, I really don't know what to expect, and I gotta say, that really kind of excites me. It's a good reminder of why I like playing all these games, really, and this one specifically. It's going to be a great feeling to beat this version, if and when I finally pull that off.

One thing that I might have mentioned before is that it would be interesting to play the Chronicles version side by side with the original North American version, just to make it a little easier to see exactly what's changed between the two. I might even do a dual Text Play of it so I can share the experience with my readers. But that's going to have to wait until I've finished either FF6 and/or FF8.

Speaking of the games I'm actually doing T-Ps of right now, I really need to get back to FF6. I've been putting that off for far too long and I really need to get back to it. Thing is, though, I'm having trouble deciding just how I want to go about finishing the rest of the game. I think I've only got three of the eight dragons left, as well as Doomgaze. I think I might take one last shot at the dragon I know is in the Phoenix Cave and then go on with the final tower. It's time for me to just get on with finishing this game.

As for FF8, well, I'm officially into the part of the game I haven't played before. That means that I don't really know anything about what's to come, exactly, or what to expect. As I said about the version of , FF4 I'm playing, I kinda get off on that, and I'm sure it'll come through in the coming chapters I do of the Text Play. I'll still make fun of the characters when it seems appropriate. I did the same thing in Legend of Mana when I got into parts of the game I hadn't played.

I'm meaning to get back to LoM, as well, but that's something that's going to have to wait until I'm done with current projects.

Until I get back to that, see you soon, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment