Thursday, February 5, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, Square, 1994): Issue #046: Dinosaur Hunter

This bit went from really hard to really easy all because of something that might have saved me an hour of play time and a few needless wipeouts if I'd thought of it sooner.

Well, OK, I didn't exactly forget. I was just trying to beat a Brachosaur the honest way in this game but kept getting my ass beat for it. So, after putting Relm in the party so I could try to use her Control ability on one and getting the shit kicked out of me anyway, I decided I'd have no choice but to get cheap about it and use the Ragnarok esper on one, since I still had it equipped to Terra. The very next one I ran into let her go first, and it worked. So, I guess the good news is that I can go find it on the Veld later. It'll be worth it, because it's a rage, if I can get it, that will let Gau do ultra kill and ludicrous kill moves.

Or, at least I think I can find it on the Veld, later, anyway. I did a little running around there for awhile on a few occasions since the last issue of this Text Play and had no luck finding one, so I may have to kill one the more “traditional” way, with weapons and magic, in order to find it.

For now, however, I'm sort of grinding for levels and spells in an effort to get the last of the Eight Dragons before the ones in Kefka's Tower. I've made attempts at this before, and keep getting stuck. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I need to find a map or something to help me with that. I'll look that up after I get this posted, since it's been way too long since I've posted any FFVI.

The plan, at present, is to get to that in the near future, as I said in my latest Final Fantasy Tonight post. If I can't get this last dragon in the Phoenix Cave figured out, I'll just get on with finishing the game. I really could use something like a win right now.

So, anyway, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment