Monday, February 9, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, Square, 1994): Issue #047: Dragon Hunter

OK, so what the hell am I doing, anyway?

And how the hell do I make this happen?

It took me a while to get through the Phoenix Cave, and I've done it twice this playthrough. I had to look at a map on a site called VG Maps to refresh my memory. But I did get through to the Red Dragon.

Naturally, this dragon is a fire elemental, due to it's being red and in a cave full of magma. Therefore, ice magic is its weakness. Since I had one character with Ice 3 in my party against this guy, it really wasn't that big a deal. He even drops a sword for Cyan called the Strato. At this point I may already have something better for him, but I'll have to check that out.

Of course, when I actually did win this fight, the counter that says how many dragons are left said there were still three left. I thought getting this one would have made it only two, but it looks like I was wrong. I think the one I missed would be the one in the Ancient Castle, because I don't recall ever having found my way in there. Since I am still interested in finding out what happens if I beat all eight of the dragons, I'll give it another shot before I head for Kefka's tower, since that's where the last two are.

As for Doom Gaze, I'm not entirely sure I'll go for it any more. Beating it does give the party the Bahamut Esper, but I'm not sure it's worth the time and trouble to get it. For now, I think I'll just say that if I get it, I get it; if not, that's OK, too.

Anyway, it's time to wrap this up, so until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment