Sunday, September 6, 2015

Final Fantasy This Morning: September 6, 2015

I'm seriously considering giving up on my Text Play of Final Fantasy VIII.

I'm not officially calling it quits just yet. I'll probably make a video about it when I do that. But it's been a busy month or so since I last sat down to play this one, and I really have to admit, it's been difficult to find the interest to go back of late.

I was thinking about it at work yesterday, and it seemed like part of the problem is that I just don't find the story particularly compelling. That could be because of how the last month or so has gone for me. Between the car stuff I might have mentioned at the end of July and the related financial issues, family medical issues, and starting a second job, it's been a busy month.

At this point, I think I'll just call it on something of an extended hiatus. As of right now, the plan is that I'll come back to it. I'm just not sure when that will be.

In the meantime, I might take a roundabout hint from somebody called Danielkm on the CLG forums and do a different game for awhile as sort of a break. It'll probably be Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest because it's something really light and easy for a Final Fantasy game, and that's what I could use right about now. There's half a chance I'll try one of a couple others I've got in my collection, but it'll most likely be MQ.

So anyway, I'll get back to you on all this when I've got a better idea of what I'm gonna do. Until then, here's Weird Al singing about how I'm feeling about FF8 right about now:


See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment