Sunday, September 27, 2015

Finishing Off Notebooks

So I'm about to have one less old notebook around.

Some years ago, I bought a three-pack of little legal pads to take to a job interview. I was in a bit of a rush when I bought it because I was headed to another town a good distance away from where I lived at the time, and I needed to be there right away in the morning after getting off work the night before the interview. That haste didn't really do me much good in the end, as I didn't get the job.

Another thing that didn't help with that interview, or many of the ones after, really, was having a maybe third-sized pad for my notes. Between scrunching up my already crap handwriting and not taking enough of the right notes, I likely made myself look more a fool than I really am, and I'm sure it cost me a few opportunities as a result.

But that's about over now. I'm down to the last couple pages of that notebook and I'm using them to write my first draft of this.

With any luck, finally being rid of the damned things will be a step in the right direction. I do have proper legal pads and notebooks to work with after this.

So maybe being able to start a fresh notebook soon will be a good thing for me. It seems like it's been awhile since I've had a fresh start and could really use one right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment