Sunday, September 13, 2015

Something Not Video Games

Seems like just about everything I've been putting up here lately is video game related.

That's not entirely a bad thing, the way I see it. It's just that that's about all I've had the mind to write about the last few months.

There have been plenty of other things I've wanted to, and even intended to, write about this year, but between my being a somewhat lazy SOB and the fact that a lot of these ideas have come at times when I've had to try to hold the thought, I just haven't been making it happen. That's mostly my fault, because there's certainly been enough interesting stuff going on, I've had plenty of good ideas. I just haven't been “with it” enough to make too many of them happen.

In the last eight and a half or so months, there've been quite a few vehicle issues. I think I may have mentioned crashing my car a couple months back. That's the sort of thing that would have sucked badly enough on its own, given the severity of it. What makes it worse is that a few months before, the transmission went out on it and I'd already spent three grand getting that fixed, and then had to go spending another eight on a new vehicle. This new ride of mine is an OK vehicle, all things considered, but it seems like it'll need a little work, too. I'm just not sure how to find out what needs the work or where I'm gonna get the money for it.

In between the transmission issue and wrecking my car, the city came through and redid all the water mains in front of my apartment. It needed to be done, if only because the street itself needed to be resurfaced. I think they might have bumped up the water pressure a little bit in the process, though. I've been hearing what sounds like running water someplace in the area of my bathroom, but I'm not exactly sure where it is or what might be causing it.

Also of note is that my dad's been having health problems since this spring, at least, that ended up with his having quadruple bypass surgery about a month and a half ago. The good news is, though, that he seems to be coming along pretty good in his recovery. He's got a big hunting trip coming up soon that he's really looking forward to, and the plan right now is that he's going to go on it, even if he doesn't get to shoot. I know it's in the next few weeks, but I'm not sure of the exact dates. I'm a little concerned because he's still technically going to be recovering when he goes out there, and I'd rather not see him wind up setting himself back.

My own health isn't what it should be because I've just not been exercising the way I should be lately. That's mostly because of what I said before about being a lazy SOB. I really need to change that, because I know it's not doing anything good for my health.

In slightly better personal news, I've picked up a second job. It's only a few hours a week, but at least it's something. It's a step in the right direction for a few reasons. Partly because I need the work, of course. But also, it's kind of the sort of work I'd like to be doing more of. Basically, it's just doing Craigslist spots for a rental agency here in town. I should note that my cousin does run the place, just as a matter of disclosure.

But anyway, that's kind of where I am now. There's always more stuff on the way. Hopefully, more like this, but certainly more video game stuff for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment