Friday, October 9, 2015

State of the Blog: October 9, 2015

Time for a bit of an update, I guess.

It seems like this used to be a lot easier than it is right now, but maybe it's true what they say about having a plan written down someplace. From where things are now, I suppose I don't really have anything to lose by trying, so I may as well try doing this Atop the Fourth Wall style. So, that leaves me with the question of where to begin. I guess I'll start with...

Health Stuff
Those readers who have been following the various blogs and webcasts and the like I've been doing lately might know that I've been in something of a funk of some sort for a few months now. I'm trying to work through that still, which is, of course, easier said than done. Anyone who's dealt with anything remotely like the issues I'm taking about probably knows quite well what I'm talking about here.

On top of that, I've got an early fall cold, which is making things all the more difficult. At first, I just thought it was fall allergies, but the last couple days have made me think otherwise. Between that and the other, less tangible stuff I've got going on right now, it's been really difficult to convince myself to make time for the one thing that would probably make things better: getting enough exercise. That bit's had an effect on my weight as much as it has on my overall health in general. I took some advice I gave somebody else on the web and stepped on the scale the other day, and it was not a pretty sight. I really need to get moving again and watch what I eat a little better. Getting all this together a little better again will help with the next topic:

Job Stuff
While my job situation is better than it was even a couple months ago, really, there's still some room for improvement. I've still got the job at the burger joint, of course, and the job in the real estate office seems to be going reasonably well, too, far as I can tell.

Some good news on this front is that I do have what seems to be a good lead for a next step. I was recently referred to a local place that's hiring, so soon as I'm a little more over this cold I've got and I've got a free moment, I'm going to go put in for it. From here, we'll move on to:

Art, Writing, and Streaming
As always, I've got plenty of ideas to work with, and even a decent stack of art to finish off and post to my dA page. The issue here is that I need to get myself in gear to get it done.

Speaking of issues, one thing I think I should address specifically here is the Text Play series I do for this main blog of mine, with particular regard to Final Fantasy 8. The last couple weeks, I've been debating with myself about just quitting where I left off in Eshtar or trying to press on. If I do decide to go on, I need to figure out what, exactly, I'm going to do. I had intended to do the Doomtrain sidequest, but that doesn't seem to be working out as planned. That's largely because I did sit down and try to play for awhile and wound up bored almost to tears with it, and this is a part of the game I've never played before. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do there. I might sit down and try to play again, but if the next session goes like the last, I may just make a video about calling it quits on the game again.

As for the streaming thing I do, I've been on uStream the last couple times I was on the air, but I may try to do something on my Mixlr channel next time I'm on. I know I've been sporadic with using either lately, but it's like Ben and Marc were talking about in this episode of Super Toolshed, if memory serves. It's not as easy as one might think to just turn on the mic and/or camera and just talk as one might think. The last couple episodes of Super Toolshed have been 90+ minutes in length, but there are two people involved, and they've got decent topics most of the time, whereas I'm just one guy with not so many good things to carry on about.

Now, with all that out of the way, I do believe I'm down to the one last thing that needs to be done here:

Schedule Going Forward
I'm going to try to base this on the last kinda-sorta schedule I had, as best as I can remember it. It's been far too long since I've tried, and my situation has changed at least some since then, so there will be differences. And, as per usual, this is prone to be altered as my situation changes. So here we go:

Monday: RadioDeadAir chat attendee: 9 PM to 1 AM Central, on the RadioDeadAir site
Tuesday: The JMShearer Show (Mixlr) or JMShearer Speaks (uStream): 9:30 PM Central. I'll announce which I'll be on just prior to show time each week, as I'm rarely sure which I'll use until then.
Wednesday and Thursday: Art, Text Play issues, and general blogging as completed.
Friday: ZFTR chat attendee. 9 PM Central, though time tends to vary.
Weekends: Open

As I said above, this is all subject to change as necessary. Also, blogging, art, and Text Plays may appear any day of the week, as time allows, but Wednesday and Thursday evenings are most likely, as that's when I tend to have the most time available at present.

So, I guess that's where I am for now. We'll see how long this lasts and where it takes me. Until next time, everyone! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment