Thursday, October 29, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (Square, SNES, 1992): Issue #012: Cap Page Board

At least I can keep my title references consistent, anyway...

I keep saying how easy this game's supposed to be, and then I wind up getting my ass lost in this part of the game. There's a switch we need to hit to open the big main door that leads to the boss room in this dungeon. Considering how linear everything else is in this game, a guy would think that finding the way through the Lava Dome would be easy, too. But such is not the case, as this is kind of a loop thing here, and I got lost in it. I thought I'd go to VGMaps and see if I could find help there, but no such luck, as the map wasn't marked. So, I did the next best thing and went back to HCBailly's LP of the game from 2011 for help. Fortunately, there was something there.

The only really important thing I've got to talk about in this issue is the boss fight for the Fire Crystal, since I got all the big treasures last time. Guarding the crystal is a beast called Dualhead Hydra, who tells us that it's the end of the line. Of course we're going to kick it's ass and get out. Once we do, Reuben tells us that somebody in a place called Windia knows something about the last crystal, the Crystal of Air. The town of Windia is southwest of Focus Tower, but there's a battlefield between us and the tower.

But those things and a few more are things we'll have to get to next time, folks. I've done enough for one night, and it's time to set the delay for this post and get some shuteye. See you next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment