Friday, February 5, 2016

Final Fantasy This Morning for February 5, 2016: Unable to Connect to Download Server


The main title to this comes from some issues I'm having with Skype right now. When I signed in yesterday, there were updates available, as it seems there are about half the time I sign in. Or at least that's kind of how it used to be. In the process of trying to actually get said updates to download and apply, Skype kept telling me that it couldn't connect to the download server, which is something I've come to the conclusion is a problem on their end rather than mine, as my Internet connection is good, and has been the whole time. Of course, that's not something I'd taken a moment to considered before it was too late. In my haste, I uninstalled Skype on my computer, and now I can't seem to get it reinstalled. Updates on that will follow, as it's an ongoing thing.

As for the the gaming side of this, all I can really say is that I'm seriously considering ending my Text Play of Final Fantasy 8 where it is. I might continue playing regardless, just so I can actually see the ending for myself, even if I don't do any writing about it. The longer I'm at this one, the less inclined I feel to actually continue with it, and I have a feeling I'll need to make an official decision one way or another before too terribly long. The good news is that no matter what, I've still made it farther in the game than I ever have before, and that's something, anyway.

When it comes to what's next for the Text Play series, well, that's kind of up in the air right now. I'd kind of like to do something that isn't Final Fantasy for a change, just to break things up a bit. The good news is that I do have a few options, though not as many as I'd like. Right now, the prime contenders are Chrono Trigger and Breath of Fire. We'll just have to wing it for awhile, though. I've kinda gotta get a few other things sorted out first, I think.

Until then, I may well just be running down a dream. See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment