Thursday, February 18, 2016

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VIII (SquareSoft, 1999; Playstation): Issue #044: Eyes Off Me

Because I'm not going to get to talk about the song in the context of the game.

Good news, bad news time, everybody. The good news here is that I've made it farther in Final Fantasy 8 than I ever have before, and I really must say, I'm proud of myself for that.

The bad news, sadly, is that I'm going to have to end this Text Play right here, and it's because I just can't continue with it. I just can't finish this. For a while there, I honestly thought I could, but since I've had time and reason to think about it lately, I find that my actual motivation to finish this properly is gone, and I kind of feel bad about that.

Going through my posting archive, I find that my original video intro for this was posted on May 21, 2014, which means that we're two, maybe three months shy of this having been going on for two full years, and I'm only three quarters of the way through this game, more or less. Gaps of two and three weeks between issues of this have become the norm, and I'd not intended for that to happen.

It's much like I'd predicted back when I started, that I'd eventually lose interest in finishing this game. It's taken longer than I'd thought to happen, but it has happened. I just don't care about playing FF8 any more, at least with the intent to write these silly little posts about it, as evidenced by the frequency and length of these really long gaps between issues.

The primary reason is that I'm just not invested in the story or the characters any more. Haven't been, certainly since the space launch, and more likely, since the party got to Eshtar. There's just been too much dicking around for my tastes; things are taking longer to get done than I prefer in a video game.

My plan now is to do a video wrap up for all this tomorrow after work. Or today after work, really, since I'm writing this on Wednesday night, but it likely won't really be live until sometime Thursday morning, February 18th. I'd like to be a good enough neighbor that I don't disturb the other folks in the place I'm living, and I need to get some decent sleep before my primary day job anyway.

I'll probably say this again in the video, but thanks for your time and patience with this Text Play. I really wish I could have finished this game properly, but there's no good reason to drag it out any longer than I have already, and I'd prefer to be somebody who has at least a little respect for my readers' and viewers' time.

Thanks again for all your support and time on this, and until I get things figured out as to where to go from the closing video, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment