Monday, February 22, 2016

Things and Stuff: Weigh-In Day

I've got at least part of an idea about what to do about my weight issue, I think.

Getting the amount of weight off I need to get off is always going to be a work in progress, especially if I want to keep it off for any length of time. The good news is that I know it's doable because I've had some success in the past. Better yet, I also have a few ideas about how to go about that and a good starting point.

That starting point is the bathroom scale I bought myself a few years back the last time I was trying to be something like serious about taking some of the weight off. This is where a little bad news comes in. The scale I bought myself was about as good a model as I could afford when I bought it four or five years ago, so I had nothing but good reason to think it would still work after not having used it in far too long. All the same, I figured I'd hop on before I had breakfast yesterday morning, just to be sure. According to that scale, it turns out I weigh 280 pounds. It's still down from what it was at it's worst, but it's a bit more than a guy my height should weigh.

There are more things than just weighing in every now and then that I need to do to make this work, but it's a good place to start. For now, I think I'll make my weigh-in day Tuesday morning, because I usually have Tuesdays off, and that's the night I traditionally do my show, when I do it, so that will give me something to talk about.

As I said, there are other details I need to work out, but I'll get to those another time. After all, this whole health and weight loss thing is indeed an ongoing thing, and I'm hoping to have plenty of time to work out and refine my plan as I go along. With that in mind, I'll get into some of the other details and ideas I've got as we go along. Some of them will even come along with the other stuff that's coming the first half or so of March.


Until then, everybody, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment