Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Breaking Point

There's gotta be one someplace...

I work because I need the money, and I've got two jobs right now because my day job wasn't bringing in quite enough. The good news is that I'm finally getting what my day job calls full time hours again. It really comes in handy, because I need a little more income than what I'd been getting, even with both jobs.

With that in mind, I'm also planning on keeping the second job for the foreseeable future, as well. It's usually only one day a week, and only a few hours then, but it's still something, and it still helps. So, I want to keep both jobs as long as I can.

The downside to all this is that this full time thing at my day job means that I'm officially working six days a week there now. I'd been doing that unofficially for a couple weeks beforehand, and at this point, I'm about as many weeks into it. I've also been doing that one day a week at the second job. That means I've been working seven days a week for a month now, more or less, and I have a bad feeling about what it's doing to my health.

It's something I used to do once or twice a summer when I was in college, because I needed the money then, too. It was hard enough back then, when I was 20 or 21. That was a long time ago now, and things have changed a lot since then. I'm older now, and I've made a lot of dumb choices that have only made doing this that much harder in the long run.


The most certain thing I can say about all this is that I'm going to need a breaking point from this, and I'll almost certainly need it sooner than later. I was in bad shape when this started, and things are only getting worse as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment