Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Not Quite Ready To March

Because some things have changed and some things have not.

On the whole, that's a good thing, I suppose. For example, the good news is that I did get promoted back to full time at my day job. This will really help with the finances, because there are a few things I kind of need to spend a little money on, so having more to work with will be a big help.

Something that's not changed so much is that I still have my second job at the real estate place to consider. I still intend to keep that job for the foreseeable future. There are a few reasons for that, though I won't be getting into all of them here, and maybe not at all. The one thing I will say about it here is that what I'm doing at this second job is really the kind of thing I'd hoped to be doing on a more full-time basis than I am at this point in my life. I can admit, and I do understand, that the fact that I'm not is mostly, and perhaps almost entirely, my own fault. But the good news is that I may have found that first step to actually making it happen.

The bad news here, I'm afraid, is that I'm actually a little more crunched for time than I was when I decided it was time to take a break from some of this Internet stuff I do. This is not to say I'm ungrateful for the five or six extra hours I'll be working at my primary job, and the few hours I get at the secondary one. I'm very grateful for all that, as I really do need the money. It's more that this will be one more week where I'm at one job or another all seven days. While I'm sure it'll all pay off in the end, I'm afraid I'm not exactly the youngster I was even when I started my day job any more, which means I don't know how much of this I'll be able to take before I really do burn out.

With all that in mind, it may be longer than I had anticipated before I have a plan for the rest of winter and the coming spring. It should also be said that when I said I was taking this short break, I hadn't really expected or intended to have said plan ready to go by the second of March, which it is today. I was hoping to have something to at least talk about, if not ready to go by the seventh or eighth. The way things are looking right now, though, the 14th might be a safer bet, just to be a little more sure of things to come.

So, until I can get all this straightened out a little better, DFTBA, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment