Saturday, March 19, 2016

Second Takes At Second Takes?

I may have to change my gaming plan before it even gets off the ground.

The initial plan here was that I was going to get started on a second run of Final Fantasy 4, just so I could screw around with it, maybe get some different results along the way, and relax a little bit in the process.

Turns out, that might not work out so well. I was going to get started on that before I went to bed, in part because I needed to do a little work on my feet, which seem to have dried out a little late in the season this year. But like so many of my plans, there seems to be a fairly major kink in this one.

Originally, my plan was to go through the US version, which was released here in the States as Final Fantasy 2, but it looks like that plan might not work out on account of the fact that my Super Nintendo seems to finally have crapped out on me. I'll be giving it another shot soon, but from the looks of things, I'd say my odds of getting that to work are pretty slim. After all, the thing is 25 years old, minimum, and I'm sure regular readers know that I've been having trouble with this particular console for awhile now anyway.

There is a glimmer of good news here, though. I do have, or at least I'm almost certain I have, anyway, the version that was released for the PlayStation with Chrono Trigger the better part of fifteen years ago now. I've been meaning to go through that since I got it a couple years back anyway, and this may be just the excuse I've been looking for. The downside to that is that the rerelease I'm talking about here is based on what is called the “hard type” of the game, whereas the original US release was based on the “easy type”.


We'll just have to see where this goes. I'm not completely at a loss for things to do here if I have to change my plans. I'd just rather not if I can avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment