Monday, June 15, 2020

Final Fantasy This Morning: June 15, 2020


It's been way too long since I've done any of this, and I really need to get on with at least some of it.

I'm pretty sure I've already said something like this in at least one recent post here. There are a few reasons why I haven't actually made it happen yet, and even if they are legit reasons, I still feel like they're mostly stupid excuses.

One of those reasons is one I mentioned in the most recent FF9 issue: that if I remember correctly, I'm going to need to set aside a good chunk of time to do the next part of just that one game right. That's something that applies to not only all the games I'm working on right now, but also the movies and stuff I want to do pieces about.

Even if it is kind of true that I haven't had what I'd call a decent enough chunk of time to set aside to not only play or watch whatever it is I want to write about and then actually get the post typed up and set to post, it feels like kind of a copout too. That's because I kind of have had the time to make some of it happen, but just haven't actually done it. There are a couple reasons for that, as well.

Part of it is that I've been getting more hours at my day job, to the point where I've been scheduled for at least a little overtime every week for the last couple months now. That's a good thing because I could certainly use the money, I suppose. It's also kind of a bad thing because it's left me feeling a little frazzled lately, which makes it a little difficult to sit down and do the things I do for fun.

That's kind of the other part, really. I'm not sure how much I'd really enjoy all this right now, and if I'm not enjoying it, I'm sure that would come through in the work I'm putting out, which would make it hard for those readers I've still got at this point to want to stick around. I've always tried to make this something fun and entertaining to read, and I hope I've succeeded in that to some extent. It's just hard to keep readers around if I'm not putting out any content.

And really, it's not just the day job that's got me feeling all burned out right now, either. That's a big part of it, sure, but it's also one of many things going on right now that include this being a presidental election year here in the US, for obvious reasons, and this whole “human malware” thing we've got going on in the world at large as well. It all reminds me of this remix from 2005 on OCRemix. It's somebody else's work, but worth sharing, especially right now. I'll try to embed the video at the bottom of this as well, so it'll be a little easier to just play.

Since it's not horribly late as I'm writing this, I might try to do something that's not just me overthinking things in general. I'll try to have that out later today, too. See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment