Tuesday, December 8, 2020

December Already

For as long as this year has felt, it's hard to believe that we're already a week into December.


Since we're coming up on the end of the year, it's a good time to do a bit of evaluating. One thing I've been considering doing since the middle of last month is coming up with a schedule of some sort for what I'm doing with my free time and this blog. Used to do it twice or three times a year, on average, but I kinda fell out of that habit a few years back. I think it might have been close to five years now, not long after I got into a car crash, which kind of changed the way I've been doing a lot of things.


It occurs to me that it might be a good idea if I go back to trying to have a schedule for this stuff that I revise and update as needed. Things seemed to work out better for me when I was doing that, and I'd kind of like to get back to that.


Of course, part of getting that figured out is seeing what I'm getting for schedules at my day job. Once I've got some idea of how that's going to work out, I'll get to setting something up for all this, too. But that's probably not going to be until after the first of the year.


Until then, I figure that writing down and posting some of the things I'm hoping to get done, or at least keep working at, until then, will help me actually get some of it done before then.


Top of the list is the Text Plays. Still intending to properly finish those games, but it's still going to take time. That's part of why I kinda need a schedule.


Another thing is a tenth anniversary post I had forgotten I wanted to write until the end of last month. Back in November of 2010, I finally decided to take the plunge and get into this whole thing. I've got a post started that I'd intended to expand on that idea. I just need to set aside a little time to finish it.


There's also that MiSTing series. I've got the second episode almost ready to go. I'm just having a little trouble deciding how to split it up. Right now, I'm thinking I'll do it in two parts, but I need to figure out where to split it. I'd do what I did with the first one and split it at the host segments, but if I did that, it would lead to one part being way longer than I'd like and one part being really short.


And I'd like to get back to doing more just writing stuff like this, because that's another reason why I started this thing. It's something I like doing, and I'd like to get back to doing it more.


There are a few of the things I've got going on right now. I just need to set aside some time to make them happen, and having a schedule someplace will help with that. It'll just take me a little time to get that figured out.


Until I do, see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment