Monday, December 14, 2020

Picture Post: Black Hills Trip 2020: Scenic Overlook

These are a couple months old now. I'd meant to get to them sooner, but I've had other things going on.


Back in September, I went out to the Black Hills with my family, as I do every so often. In previous years, I've made quite a few of these picture posts from some of the more interesting or memorable things we went, or about places that had some other significace to me as a person. This year, there's likely to not be so many, in part because of the mess this year has been, and in part because we did a lot of the same things we did last year.


One thing that was a little different this time was that we stopped to get out of the vehicles for a few minutes at the scenic overlook along Interstate 90 in the Nebraska National Forrest. Officially, the location on this is Long Valley.


I took two pictures to show off the view. One was facing north, the other was west, I think, but I can't remember which is which. Have a look:







I gotta say, it's a great view, especially on nice days like this was. Glad we stopped there, even if it was only this once.


The one sad thing about it is something that's an unfortunate part of modern life, I'm afraid:




Behold, the wild Hot Stuff Pizza Box in its natural habitat.


Still, a nice place to stop and stretch one's legs, in spite of the unfortunate wildlife.


I've got some other stuff to come, with less man-made materials in the pictures. See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment