Thursday, February 18, 2021

TEXT PLAY QUICKIE: Final Fantasy 4: Chronicles Version (2001; PS1): Issue #014: Back To It

It's been long enough, so I suppose I'd better just get on with some of this stuff.


This really won't be a terribly long one, simply because I just want to get something like it up, but don't have much to report.


Basically, I've been putting this off for long enough that I figured I may as well just get on with finishing the game. I don't really need the other summon spells I was going after to finish the game, and I know it's possible to get one of them on the Moon before finishing the game anyway. I might still screw around there for a little while, just because it'll give me a shot at getting the Bomb summon.


Before I got back to the moon, I had to come back out of Cave Magnes because that's where I'd left off at the end of the last sesson. I'd figured I'd have one last look at Troia Castle, just to see who was there. Turns out, everybody important is gone. It's still a good thing I went back, though. I'd somehow forgotten to empty out the castle's storehouse. There's nothing of much value there at this point, but I took it anyway. I also sold off a bunch of old equipment to free up some inventory space.


From there, I went on to the moon to get the end of this on the way. First thing I did there was get the Genji Glove out of Bahamut's cave. As it happened, I ran into a D.Bone monster along the way and managed to steal an item called Inferno from it. I think this was what they called FireBomb in the SNES version. I'm not sure we could have stolen it back in the day, and I don't remember ever seeing it as a drop before, either. Once I knew what that was, I took some time to get a few of them.


Afterwards, I spent a little time grinding for XP, gold, and the Bomb spell. I got the gold and XP, but not the spell. After a while, I needed to take a break and get some sleep, so I just saved and got this taken care of.


I'm hoping to get back to this before long. I'd like to get at least one of these things finished off, just to have one less to deal with. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment