Thursday, May 20, 2021

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy II (Famicom 1988/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #031: Cyclone?

This one took longer than it should have, for a few reasons.


I know I let all these things sit for most of the last month, but that's mostly because I didn't have much down time from my day job for that same length of time and haven't really been of much a mind to do this.


Once I finally got to it, I wound up in a position where I needed to break getting into the Cyclone into two parts because I needed to look up how to do it. I did eventually find it in the LP I mentioned last time. I got the Cyclone key word from Hilda the first one, but after that, there's a previous one I need to use on her as well, and that's what I needed to find to progress. Otherwise, I knew the basics of it, I just needed to be reminded of what to do to make it happen.


I might have gone for it once my memory had been refreshed, but it had gotten too late at night for that, so I went back later.


When later came, it was the better part of three weeks from when I wrote the first part, and in that time, I'd forgotten that I'd done that. I'd forgotten to talk to Hilda and use the Cyclone key word on her before I went to get the Wind Drake. I think she might have told us how to get the Wind Drake to get into the Cyclone, but since I forgot to find out before I just went and did it, I'm not entirely sure if that's the case. There's a mirror room on the third floor of Castle Fynn that can be accessed by way of a stair well in the southwest corner of the first floor. Use the Pendant on the mirror and the Drake comes. As is often the case with these PS1 era remasters/rereleases, there's a nice cutscene of the dragon coming in.


I also took the time to do a little stat grinding as well. I got the Ultima spell up to level 3 and some decent gains for most of the party. Even though I'd like to do a little more of that before I go on with the game, it's time I just got on with it, so I'm going to just make this a shortie and post it in hopes that it'll inspire me to get going with these things.


I'm also going to at least get started on something about a few ideas I've got about going forward, but that's its own thing. See you with that and more soon, I hope. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment