Sunday, July 23, 2023

Computer Chair

I’m at a point where I need a new one.


The one I’ve got now, I got second-hand long enough ago that I can’t remember how long it’s been. The piston that adjusts the height of the seat was never particularly great, and from what I can tell, it’s pretty much shot now. It’s stuck in its lowest position, which is not good at all. My posture’s always been kind of shit, which is not great for a person in the shape I’m in, and having a chair that’s too low doesn’t help any. It’s also not helping the joints in my legs, either, since those have been crap my whole life, too, and they’ve not been done any good by all the extra weight I’m carrying around. I’ll be looking into where I can get one that fits into my low-end budget. New would be great, but I’ll also take second-hand again if new doesn’t work out. At least the one I’ve got now isn’t completely destroyed like the previous one I had.


One thing that’ll make things a little easier while I’m in the process of finding a replacement is that I do have other chairs to work with while I’m at it. I’ll swap them in and out as needed. What I’ve got now will be fine for writing and stuff where I need to have my hands a little closer to my desk anyway. Most of those things are items where I can get up and move around as I work with relative ease. I need to sit a little higher than that when I’m doing video stuff so that I’m better in the one decent shot I’ve got in the space I’m working from at present.


Speaking of video stuff, I’ve got a JM Tries video that I’ll be doing a little bit out of my intended sequence. That’s mostly because it’s something I’m having a harder time being a good boy about, so my thinking is that I may as well just get it knocked out and have done with it so it’s not a problem any more. I’m hoping to have that done soon, but we’ll see.


As far as other stuff goes, it’s all slow progress. My lacking time management skills are playing a big part in that, I know. It’s always a work in progress, and I’m not sure I’ve got much to show for it. Not much positive, anyway. As always, still trying to improve, even if at a snail’s pace. More as it comes.


And that’s pretty much it for now. Until next time, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment