Monday, July 3, 2023

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #082: That Last Synth Shop...

I did say I might go back to the Black Mage Village last time.


I think part of the reason I had it on my mind is because Caves of Narshe says the shops have been upgraded. They have been, or at least the Synth Shop has. It looks like there's some good stuff there, with a few good abilities left to get from equipment that multiple characters can use. Thing is, it takes a fair amount of gold to make that happen, assuming I also have the required other items to make them work. I did manage to get a Light Robe, which Dagger and Vivi for sure can use to learn an ability called Half-MP, which lets them cast their magic for half the amount of MP. That will probably really come in handy coming up. There's also a few other things I could probably get, but I'd have to grind for gold to make that happen, and I'm not sure I want to do it. I'm sure it would be worth it, but I'm not sure I'm still so enthused enough about all this to actually do it.


After all, I've missed plenty, and have always said that this was never meant to be a 100% run. One thing I did miss was all the Stiltzkin encounters over the course of the game. I know I missed at least one at some point because I went to what was supposed to be the final one in Alexandria, where, according to the CoN page in the second link above, I would have gotten another Ribbon accessory from him if I had, and I didn't get it.


From here, though, I think I might do a little more grinding, if only to get that one last ability for my main magic users, if not the gold for the other items. Unless something truly interesting happens in the course of that, I'll probably just pick up when I'm ready to get on with the endgame.


I've also got a few ideas for where I'd like to go with this silly little video game thing I do here as well, but that'll be its own post. I'll try to get that up soon.


Regardless of what comes next, I'll see you soon. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment