Thursday, July 13, 2023

Here We Are Again...

Again, probably.


This is a very familiar place to be in, certainly for me, and most likely for content creators in general. I've got stacks and stacks of material to work with. I just can't seem to get on with doing anything with it. As is often the problem, it's because I just feel overwhelmed with it all, simply because the volume of ideas I've got is just so high.


The Text Play of Final Fantasy IX is a good example. I've been working on that since fall of 2016, and as I was saying in this post from a couple weeks ago now, I'm really close to the end. I'm having trouble deciding if I should keep grinding for the extra levels and abilities I'm all but sure I'm going to need or if I should just push for the end. Right now, I'm thinking I should give the final dungeon a shot, just to see what it's like and go from there. If I finish the game on that attempt, I may even do the last few entries I usually do for things like that.


There's also a big backlog of JM Tries videos I'd like to get to. There's three I've got thumbnails ready for because I've been making them in groups of three or four for awhile now, and the first one of this batch was for some pickled eggs. Thing is, I've already got stuff for eight more of those that I don't have thumbnail/title cards for yet. Another part of why I'm hesitant on these is I know it's not exactly good for me to do so many of these things, on account of a lot of these things are pretty much junk food. Granted, some of it is relatively healthy, for junk food, but it's still not exactly great for me.


Still another thing holding me back here is that in late May, I noticed something of an uptick in the number of hits I've been getting. At the time, I wasn't sure why, but since then, it's occurred to me that there's at least one somebody out there training an “AI” algorythim on my blog. It's not an idea I really care for, but I don't know what, if anything, I can do to stop it. Letting these things go means it'll be a lot harder for real humans like me to get paid work as writers when there's the so-called “AI” out there that the big companies can use to generate their text for a lower cost than flesh and blood writers like me would ask for.


So that's where I am right now. Hoping to get on with the projects I've listed above and a few others that I haven't mentioned yet. We'll see if I can wrangle my time well enough to actually finish a few of them.


Until next time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment