Monday, July 3, 2023

Final Fantasy Tonight: July 3rd, 2023: A Look Forward

I think I might finally be just about done with Final Fantasy IX, so it's time for a look ahead.


And maybe at what I'll be doing while I'm trying to finish it off. One thing I'm not sure I made clear towards the end of the last Text Play issue is that I'm actually thinking of starting another game alongside that, just to have some content of that sort coming, as well as some of the other stuff I do here.


One good thing about having a Nintendo Switch is that I do have quite a few options that I might not have had otherwise. I've got a couple options that are full-on switch games in the form of the first Octopath Traveler game and Spiritfarer, the latter of which I've mentioned a couple times here, but I'm not sure I want to get into something like either of those just yet.


I've also got the virtual console dealies for the NES and SNES, which are options I'm more likely to go for. For the NES, there's something called Earthbound Beginnings that I've tried a bit of and kind of liked. As I understand it, it's a bit of a prequil to a SNES game called Earthbound, which I think came out in North America back in the day. If it did, I never really noticed, in part because I was more a Final Fantasy fanboy, and as I think I may have mentioned in the prolog to my FF6 playthrough, I was on kind of a restricted gaming diet at the time, as well.


For the SNES virtual thing, there are the first two Breath of Fire games, the first of which was my very first official Text Play, and also the very first to be abandoned for various reasons. I may go that route, because I think I've got BoF 3 someplace here, too, but I'll have to find that. I don't want to commit to that just now, either, because now that I see that on my screen, it reads like a bit more of a plan than I want to go for right now.


It's something I'll have to think about, of course. I want to make the decision soon, but I don't want to rush it, either. I'll let you know when I come up with an idea.


See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment