Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holding My Motivation/Where's My Outrage?

You know, sometimes I think I'm too mellow to be the kind of blogger I would like to be, and sometimes need to be, when I'm not actually sitting down to write.

See, when I first started this blog, I had a head full of great ideas to write about.  I still do, for the most part.  It's just that I find now that when I do actually sit down to write, my motivation and the sense of outrage that had me all riled up to hammer something out is gone.

No, it's not because I'm a horribly lazy person.  Not primarily, anyway.  It's just that I'm like quite a lot of bloggers in that I tend to have my best ideas when I'm all worked up about something.  Unfortunately, unless I'm at my day job and wishing I wasn't, I have tons of trouble staying worked up about whatever it was that got me going.  And what's worse is that I can usually manage to calm myself down to the point that I can't even remember what I was mad about or why in the time it takes me to drive home.

I find it aggravating because I know most of the same issues will keep coming back day after day when I go to work, and writing about them would probably help me deal with them a little better.

So really, I'm kind of looking for some pointers on holding onto the outrage, if anyone's willing to give them.  It would be much appreciated..

Note: the song in the link is Mellow by Spacekats.

No comments:

Post a Comment