Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why I Do Art

As I'm sure many of you know, I'm an amateur artist, emphasis on amateur. I'll admit, I'm not very good at it. Perhaps it would even be fair to say I suck at it.

From time to time, I'll get asked about why I do it, especially in light of my rather obvious lack of skill. Well, there are a lot of reasons. It's fun. I enjoy it. It's a way to kill time at the laundromat while I'm washing and/or drying my clothes. Most importantly, it's a way for me to try to give back to a community I've enjoyed for quite a few years.

At this point, I'm going to be The Walrus.  (His main Web site is here.) I'm going to be far more blunt than I should be and give entirely too much information about myself for the situation.  If you don't want that, are sensitive to strong adult themes, or are easily grossed out, turn away now, as this is indeed warning that what is to come is not pleasant or pretty.






For those of you still here, let me add a little background music to go with one of my main reasons for the art.

You see, for years now, since college, really, I've enjoyed masturbating to furry art.  There, I said it.  Wish I could say I feel better now, but I don't really, simply because this is a fact about myself that I've never really felt particularly bad about to begin with.

But anyway, one of the bigger reasons I do furry art, bad as I am at it, is because I want to add something to the body of work that has given me so much pleasure over the years.

Do I think that people jerk off to my art?  Well, I've never really thought too much about it too much, but I'd be surprised if the answer was anything but yes.  Does that bother me?  Well, yes, a little bit, but not too much, simply because I'm guilty of having done the same thing myself.

I hope that's a sufficient answer for anyone who might have been wondering.  I'll almost certainly be doing more art in the future and posting it to my DeviantArt page.  See you then and in future blog posts, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment