Monday, April 11, 2011

Life's Funny Like That: Things I Wish I'd Kept #2: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES

Like I said in the first volume of this, a lot of these will be gaming-related in some way or another.

OK, yeah, I'll admit it. I owned Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. I'll even go far enough to admit that I bought it new and was gullible enough to go so far as to shell out for the strategy guide that Square made for it.

Yeah, it was pretty much the bastard child of the Final Fantasy series, and to my knowledge, it never got released outside the US, at least not widely. It wasn't an especially wonderful game, either.

So, why do I wish I'd kept it? Well, it was fun, dang it, even if it didn't have much else going for it. Plus, last time I saw a used copy of it someplace, it was locked in a display case with a Super Nintendo.

Would I ever consider buying it back? Well, maybe. It's certainly something I'm strongly considering so I can do a potential Text Play of it, and I think I might have said a couple times that I might give some other, more in-depth thoughts on it, too.

I can't say if it will happen eventually or not. If I ever run across a copy that I don't have to ask a salesperson to get for me, then I just might do it, spur of the moment. That is, after all, how I wound up getting Final Fantasy Origins for the Playstation recently, and with Last Stop CD Shop, my local used media store, opening its west branch in a new, bigger location, I just may go there, especially now that it's so much easier for me to get to on the way home from work.

So, there's another gaming-related entry in Life's Funny Like That. See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment