Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy And Wet

It's going to be another wet summer where I live.

This will be two in a row if things stay the way they have been the last week or so, and that kind of bothers me. I like to plant a few things in planters I've got out by my front door, which is a little hard when things are so wet. It's worse for my dad, who actually has a decent-sized garden in his back yard. It's worst of all for the farmers around here, who do so much for my state's economy. Getting into the fields so they can plant their crops is impossible while those same fields are flooded, as they have been for a while now.

There's also the fact that I like to have bonfires every now and then. That's a little hard while everything is so wet. Sure, the extra moisture keeps other things from burning, but it also makes the small fires I like harder to have.

And that brings up the enjoyment factor. Gray, wet weather is, in and of itself, less enjoyable than sunny, drier weather. People's moods are starting to be affected by this, and I'm no exception.

I'm really hoping it clears up soon and stays that way for awhile. I'm tired of cold and wet, and I'm sure a lot of other people are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment