Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ebb and Flow: Things In General

Recently, I was going to write an entry about how I was feeling quite a bit better and thought things might be picking up here. Unfortunately, that didn't quite happen the way I had hoped.

I had been feeling better, for the most part, lately, of course. This was, I think, in large part because I was actually able to make time for a decent breakfast between doing my morning exercise routine and going to work for a couple weeks.

The bad news, however, is that things have changed back somewhat, and now I'm not feeling quite so good any more. I can think of a few reasons as to why I might have slipped back into some old bad habits, which will be the focus here.

Back in late December, my work schedule got changed so I was going in a half hour earlier every day. From the financial standpoint, this is a good thing. I could always use the extra money I get from working two extra hours, more or less, each week. The bad news, however, is that it really rushes things for me, especially in the mornings, and I don't always have the time to eat right before work. It's kind of a trade-off and I'm not entirely sure it's a good one.

Of course, with the extra work and extra money comes more stress, which isn't doing me much good in a lot of ways, either. There have been more and more days when I've been having trouble focusing on decent things to write in this space and getting them done.

Another thing that's been interfering a bit is that the weather has been kind of screwball, too. When it alternates between three days of rain and one of nice weather, I'd rather be outside enjoying the nice weather to try and counter the doldrums brought on by all the gray, wet weather.

I've noticed, too, that all of this has been affecting my efforts in improving my health. It's another area that I've gotten kind of side tracked on lately, in part because of the issues talked about above. I really need to get it in gear and turn things around there, too, as my life depends on it in quite a few ways.

So anyway, I'm really working at getting things going back in the right direction again. With any luck, that'll be happening soon. Keep an eye out and keep on reading, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment