Monday, May 16, 2011

Life's Funny Like That: Things I Should Maybe Get Rid Of #1: My Cafe Press Shop

So, for a few years now, I've had a Cafe Press shop, found here.

It's more of an expense than a money-making thing right now, because as far as I know, I'm not making any money at it. I think part of the reason for that is the fact that I hardly promote it any more.

But that may be changing in the near future. I can use this as a tool to promote it here. There's also an opportunity that may be coming up in the near term that could do me some good. Only time will tell about that. Details will follow.

In the meantime, I suppose I should mention some of the merch I've got. The main line I've got right now are holiday greeting cards. I've got Christmas, Easter, and interestingly enough, St. Patrick's Day cards that might be of interest to those inclined to do such things.

I used to do shirts, too, but took them out because they were bad designs, even for me. I bring them up because I'm considering some new ideas for shirts, based on the “Numbers Series” of images I tried to do a while back.

Another idea I've got is for a book based around the Looking Back and Recent Discoveries series I do on That Guy With The Glasses. I think it would be a cool idea, but based on other, similar products I've got, I'm pretty sure I'd have to do the page layout myself, which is something I haven't really done in a long time. Since the late 1990s, really, when I was in college as an undergrad journalism student.

At the same time, the thought of doing all this work makes me think that maybe I should just close the thing down and write it off as a bad idea.

So, really, what I'm looking for here is a little feedback. What do people think I should do? Keep the shop open and hope for the best, or close it down and save myself a little cash each month? Once again, any and all feedback would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment