Friday, November 2, 2012

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy (NES 1990/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #18: Leffen

Well, at least we can go looking for that one last Fiend now...

Once we see Dr. Unne with the Rosetta Stone, he teaches us the language of the Leffenish, because they don't speak the same language the rest of the world does and they're the only ones who know how to get at the Fiend of Air. Once the language is learned, it's quite a hike from where we have to land the ship to where the town actually is.

Along the way, there are a lot of dinosaurs and dragons that show up in the forests between the landing area for the airship and Leffen. My knight has a sword for that, but I kept forgetting it until it was too late.

In Leffen, the people tell us how they were the Sky People, and up until 400 years ago they had all this high technology stuff that even let them build something called the Flying Fortress. In the original game, it was called the Sky Castle. Either way, this thing is a space station. The game designers might have had something like Babylon 5 or Deep Space Nine, but I suspect it might have looked more like the International Space Station.

They also say the only way to get into the Flying Fortress is through something called the Mirage Tower. To get into the Mirage Tower, we'll need something called the Bell to open it, but fortunately, there's a guy right there in Leffen who has that very item, and he's more than happy to let us have it.

I'd go there right away, but there's one more thing I gotta get. For all the screwing around I did before I actually got around to this, I suppose I could have gone up the river by Onrac to get the Warp Cube from a cave in the waterfall there. I suppose I could have done it right after I got done with the Sea Shrine, too, but just forgot.

There are a few good treasures to be had in the cave, too, most notably a sword called the Defender. The cube itself comes from a robot who fell off the space station and somehow wandered into the cave and started malfunctioning.

And now that I've got the cube and the bell and know where the tower is, kind of, I think I'll wrap this up for now. Until next time, folks, have fun, stay safe, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment