Wednesday, December 30, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VIII (SquareSoft, 1999; Playstation): Issue #039: Stay!

No cute song or movie references this time.

I may be able to change that for next time, and hopefully, have that up before the end of the year. I'll admit, that's looking kind of bleak, since it's the day before New Year's Eve as I write this, and even I've got things going on between now and then. That's part of the reason I'm putting this up now. I at least want to have one more of these up before the end of the year, even if it's not about much.

So, what I've learned thus far is that the older folks in Eshtar, ie the ones my age, more or less, kinda-sorta recognize the thing that's coming at the city, and say they remember some sort of experiment that it was involved with. Everybody, young and old, is freaking out about it, because it seems like nobody knows exactly what it's supposed to be or do. It would really be nice if somebody did, just to clue in the clueless, like myself.

I guess the key to figuring that out is finding Doctor Odine, but he's still elusive as hell. I'd thought he might be at the Presidential Palace, but no such luck. I'll continue looking for him until I find him next time, but since my plan was to stop playing in time to fix myself a little dinner while the hour was still somewhat reasonable, I thought I'd go for a little AP to teach some of my newer guardian forces extra abilities. Pandemonium learned Strength +20%, I believe it was, and Cerberus learned Stat Attack Junction. Got both of them on new stuff. Alexander's got nine points to go before learning Med Data, so I'll probably finish that off before going back to trying to finding Odine and advancing the story line.

It'll give me a little something to do while I'm waiting for the cornbread I'm having with my pork broth to cook. So, I'm gonna get started on all that, and maybe I'll even see you fine folks later on tonight with another issue of this. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment