Saturday, November 16, 2019

Old Work Revisited


Because I’ve been having trouble coming up with new ideas.

Plus, I’ve found some old stuff on my equally old laptop that might be fun to screw around with a little bit.

Granted, it would be nice to have some new ideas to work with, or at least something that isn’t rehashing stuff I did at some point over the last twenty years or so. At the same time, I’d still like to be posting more than I have lately, especially if it’s not specifically and/or directly video game related in some way.

It would have been really great if I’d thought of this far enough in advance of the week-long trip I’ve been on so that I could have made hard copies of what I wanted to work with. That way, I could have at least gotten started. It’s probably for the best that I didn’t, though. There’s always more than enough to do on trips like this, and besides, the entire point was to spend time with the family. There will almost certainly be stories and pictures from that coming, just like last time I did something like this. We’ll get to those in due time, as always.

As for what I’m thinking of doing something with as I write this is some old Mystery Science Theater fodder I somehow held onto for far longer than I had realized. The file dates on these things are 2002 and 2003. It might be fun to do something with that again now that it’s 17, 18 years later and so much has changed. It might also get me into finally getting around to finishing the two new seasons of MST3K that Netflix helped series creator Joel Hodgson crowd fund a couple years ago now. I had an idea for getting my own character in wit the new cast. I’ll get more into that if and when I decide to go ahead with this.

I also found some old fan fiction on that same laptop. Some of it’s mine, some of it’s by other people. It’ll be interesting to read some of it again, just for the hell of it. And who knows, I just might wind up using some of it for MST stuff, too. It’ll likely be my own if I do, simply because I’m not sure how to get ahold of the other authors any more because, well, like I said, it’s been almost 20 years now, and I’m sure any associated email addresses are long extinct by now.

Regardless of what I decide to do on that front, it’s probably going to be awhile before any of that starts showing up here, for a number of reasons. This is coming on the heels of a five-day trip with family, for example, and chances are, I really didn’t give it much thought while I was away. I’ve also got some “grown-up” stuff to finish dealing with, too. That’s just naming the first two that come to mind.

Anyway, there’s more to come, as always. Some of it’s likely to be something other than video game stuff, and I think that will make for a nice change. See you soon, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment