Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life's Funny Like That: Memories of the Sinbad the Sailor Movies


Funny what comes to mind when I can't think of anything else to do at night.

As I said before the jump, it was kind of late at night, and for some reason, I just couldn't stop thinking about the Sinbad the Sailor movies. They were the sort of thing I kind of liked as a kid, but only watched a couple of them. I think the last time I saw any of the actual articles was probably around the time I was ten or twelve, so they would have to have been the versions made from the 1950s through the early 80s.

I remember that they were fun movies, and thinking that I'd like to see more of them, but as I got older, my tastes turned more towards science fiction and I never did quite get to that. Maybe now that I'm getting into my mid thirties, I'll have to see if I can find them someplace again.

And I'll have to see if I can find the Three Stooges take on the Sinbad movies. I think there was at least one of those, too, and one where the Stooges built a time machine and wound up sending themselves back to ancient Greece where somebody who'd got trapped in their time machine with them got mistaken for Hercules. Those were good, too. And Have Rocket, Will Travel. It was funny watching Moe, Larry, and Curly Joe meet a unicorn on Venus.

It's really too bad we don't see many movies like Sinbad or the Three Stooges parody movies made any more. I'd be more inclined to pay the $8.25 or whatever regular priced tickets are any more if they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment