Friday, September 21, 2012

TEXT PLAY: Legend of Mana (PlayStation; 2000): Issue #33: Junkyard Adventure, Part One

As I said, I'm just running blind here.

I wasn't getting much that was exciting just by running around. I was going to try taking Bud around to find a few more of the Wisdoms, but that didn't seem to be going anywhere, so when I had the chance to pick up Sierra again in the White Forest, I took it. After still not finding much, I figured I may as well see what happens if I tried one of the quests I usually get stuck on if I brought a partner.

In this case, I figured I'd do the one called “The Infernal Doll”, which comes with the Broken Doll artifact. This one takes place in a junkyard full of busted up old toys used as mechanical soldiers from a war between humans and Faeries that took place at least 500 years ago.

There are a few things that could happen here, but for now, I'm kind of focusing on getting through the one quest I've already got going. When this one starts up, there's a creature that gets all upset with you for showing up there because it's a bad, dangerous place, given the history of where the residents came from.

So far, it's not proving any easier with a partner than without. Sure, I was given directions, but given my tendency to just bumble my way through these things, I figured it would work here, too. All that did was get me to a place called Louie's Room. Louie is a flying droid who tells us there was a war and many died, but some remnants still function. He's the older of the two best functioning ones, the boss of this quest is the other. I think there's a quick way back to the beginning of the dungeon that I'll make use of when I start again, but since I'm at a save point, so I think I'll stop for now and use the walkthrough to help me with this next time.

Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment