Thursday, September 13, 2012

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy (NES 1990/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #14: Make It A Gulg

I remember what I said before, and then I changed my mind.

I was going to go through the Earth Cave to clear it out, but then I got to looking at my stats and realized that I didn't really need to grind much right now. Besides, this is easy mode, right? Shouldn't be much trouble to get through. It wasn't my last playthrough, save for the problem with the game hanging when I used Ice3 and Quake. So, I decided that I'd go for the Gulg Volcano instead.

This is essentially part one of the volcano. I went through the first three or four floors and got about half the treasure. Then I got lost and decided that it was time to quit since I was playing at about 1 AM this morning. I really need to stop playing so late at night. But at least I got through some. Most of the treasure I got here was meant to be had before I got the class change. It's not really very useful at this point.

The only real hint here is to stock up on potions and stay on the lava as much as you can. Sure, that'll take off the HP like stink, but it's easier than getting in random battles, and using the potions makes it a little safer.

But really, another reason I'm doing this a little different than I said before is because I decided I don't really want to go for so much of the treasure as I thought. Now, if those of you reading this would rather I did, let me know. If there's enough interest in that, I just might. Otherwise, I think I'd rather be quick about getting through this. There are a couple other games I'd like to get to before I get bored with this Text Play thing, and I don't really want to have more than two games going at the same time.

I've got a little open time coming soon, so I should be able to get back to this and Legend of Mana again soon. Until then, have fun, stay safe, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment