Sunday, September 23, 2012

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy (NES 1990/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #15: Halfway There

But not quite living on a prayer...

This won't be a particularly long entry, folks. I got most of the treasure I wanted to last time, and I don't remember any of it being all that spectacular. About all that was left on the lower floors was gold, and I've already got tons of that. There's more I might go for later if I feel like level grinding or something later on.

Probably the biggest thing of note this time around was that my knight got killed by a firebird of some sort. I can't recall the exact name as I write this. I didn't know they had an instant-death attack, but I do now. Otherwise, aside from the fire-themed monsters, there wasn't much of anything not seen before this point.

The only real treasure beyond the gold that I found this time was a Staff. Not sure if it's anything special, but I'll look into it later.

As for finding the Fire Fiend, Kary, or as she's called here, Marilith, she's on the fifth floor of this dungeon. Getting there's not particularly difficult, as most of the dungeons in this game are fairly linear, and this one's no different. The trickiest part is figuring out which room Kary is in when you get down there. The floor is laid out in spokes. The room the fiend is in is on the lower left spoke.

I sometimes forget that I'm playing on easy mode, and then I'll get in a boss fight like this one. I was expecting Kary to be a lot harder than she was. Once I got Haste on my Master, this fight was over fast. I'd expected it to go longer than four rounds.

At any rate, the Fire Crystal is now relit. That brings us up to fifty percent and we're now more or less halfway through the game. Once I got out of the volcano, I just went back to Crescent and stocked up on a few things. I think I kinda know where I'm supposed to go next, but I may as well talk to the Sages anyway. I do believe it's the Water Crystal next, but we'll see.

Until then, all that stuff I say at the end of these things. Have a good night everybody. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment