Friday, May 29, 2015

Goodbye, Laundromat...

Well, I guess I should have seen this coming for awhile now.

So, it turns out I'm going to need to find a new laundromat to go to. Here's the sign that was up in the laundromat when I went to wash my uniforms tonight:


So, after tonight, I'm going to have to find another place to do my laundry. But I guess that's something I should have seen coming for awhile now. Given the old place's maintenance record the last couple years, I'm surprised that it's taken this long for the place to go under. For the longest time, it seemed like half the washers were out of service, as were almost as many of the driers. Eventually, they did all get fixed, around the first of the year.

Of course, things didn't stay fixed for long, in part because this particular laundromat was right across the street from a college campus, and I know how hard college students can be on such equipment, as I was a student once myself.

On top of that, there were several large chunks of plaster missing from the ceiling that had been gone for quite awhile with no repairs made.

At any rate, I've got to find a new place to take care of my laundry now. The closest place for that, aside from my folks' place, is the Hilltop Laundromat. It's about twice as far away as the one on 26th street that I used to go to. It'll do for now, but I'm hoping the old place will open back up later or I can find a closer place before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment