Saturday, July 18, 2015

Hot Weather

I guess the temperatures we're getting are normal.

Highs in the 90s probably aren't as unusual as I think in my area this time of year. They are as uncomfortable as I think, though. It's as unpleasant because of the humidity as because of the heat, as the dewpoint's been in the 70s along with highs in the mid 90s.

I'm sure it's not especially healthy for people or a lot of animals, either. It got hot like this last week, too, and I wound up getting a nasty case of heat rash while I was at work. It's just healing up in time for it to get hot again. I'm not especially looking forward to this weekend as a result because of the heat being forecast.

We'll just have to see how things work out, though. Come winter, I'll probably be wishing for heat. And at least it's not as bad as it was a couple years ago, when we were having power failures due to the effects of the heat on various bits of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment